LANEY – LIMITED 3 YEAR WARRANTY
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all other statutory rights in respect of LANEY products which the consumer may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or other applicable laws.
LANEY products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the product repaired or replaced if it fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Terms & Conditions of This Warranty
Subject to the terms and conditions below, LANEY warrants to the original retail, consumer purchaser that provided this product is owned and used by the original retail consumer purchaser and provided it has been regularly serviced, that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of original purchase, except that:
a. bulbs, vacuum tubes and meters are covered for only 90 days; and
b. microphones and speakers are covered for only 1 year, from the date of original consumer purchase.
The limited warranties are given by Australasian Music Supplies Pty Ltd of P.O. Box 1301, Clayton South Victoria 3169 (Tel: 03 9549 1500) (email: email@example.com).
LANEY products are not indestructible! A consumer’s use of the products may affect their durability.
The LANEY limited warranty covers manufacturing defects for LANEY products purchased from an Authorised Australian LANEY Dealer and does not cover product abuse, normal maintenance, wear and tear or products used for commercial hire or rental purposes.
The warranty does not cover:
- products purchased outside of Australia;
- normal wear and tear on any part of the product, including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces or screws;
- routine maintenance of any kind;
- failings or deterioration due to accidents, neglect, abuse or abnormal use;
- damage or defect resulting from unauthorised removal, replacement or interference with parts;
- any repair or service performed by anyone other than LANEY’s nominated Authorised Dealer or Authorised LANEY Service Centre;
- any product whose serial number is missing, unable to be read, defaced or has been altered or tampered with in any manner;
- any product which has been modified except by an Authorised LANEY Service Technician after first having obtained LANEY's prior written approval;
- damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, salty air or exposure to the moisture;
- transportation, insurance or freight charges associated with claims under this warranty.
Our limited warranty coverage may be updated from time to time. Consumers should check with the Australian Authorised LANEY Dealer, the terms and conditions of the LANEY limited warranty at the time of the purchase.
What to do if you have a problem.
1. Contact the store where you purchased the product.
All Australian Authorised LANEY Dealers are fully trained and conversant with all aspects of LANEY products, care and warranties. If you feel that you have a problem that may be covered by warranty, you should first contact the store where you purchased the goods, advise them of your problem and listen to the advice that the store has to offer.
To claim under any limited warranty, the original consumer purchaser must:
- supply proof of his/her original purchase of the product (at least the original sales receipt which must contain the product's model number and the purchaser's name):
- within the period of the warranty, return the product to an Authorised LANEY Dealer.
If the store feels that the problem requires further action they will organise for the inspection and assessment of the product by LANEY on your behalf.
They will require a copy of your original purchase receipt, which should have your name and model number of the item that you purchased as well as the date of purchase. LANEY warranties are only available to the original retail purchaser.
The cost of claiming, including return of any LANEY product to AMS must be borne by you.
AMS will at its expense and at its option:
(a) repair the product; or
(b) replace the product; or
(c) supply an equivalent product; or
(d) pay the cost of such repair, supply or replacement.
LANEY's liability under this warranty is limited to the lesser of the replacement cost or repair cost of the product.
AMS does not accept any liability in connection with this warranty for any consequential damage or economic loss whether direct or indirect, to any person or property, arising from breakdown or failure of the product.
The LANEY Dealer will contact you after the problem has been assessed. They will let you know if the repair is covered by the LANEY limited warranty.
If the repair is a maintenance or product abuse issue they will advise you of the costs associated with the repair. It is your responsibility to meet these costs.
2. Your LANEY Dealer will manage your warranty claim. Contact your Authorised LANEY Dealer to get an update on the progress of your claim.
3. Your Responsibilities.
The LANEY Limited warranty does not cover the cost of transportation, nor insurance for your goods. AMS does not cover damage or loss in transit.
Please keep all receipts, serial number and other purchase information in case of, warranty claim, theft, loss or resale.
4. Where can I buy LANEY products?
LANEY products, parts and accessories are available exclusively through a network of Authorised LANEY Dealers. As a wholesaler, AMS does not sell directly to consumers.
To find an Authorised LANEY Dealers near you, consult the Dealer Finder at http://www.laney.co.uk/dealers